Monday 24 October 2016

In the words of Kylie - So Now Goodbye...

-->
This may be one of the last blogs I write on Vamoosh. I feel like the time of pondering, typos and some insanely accidental made up grammar is gone.  I also feel it’s time to write with purpose, see if I can make a wee contribution. So maybe... this is goodbye.

There is a silence around this blog, like it’s too honest and I don’t quite realise I’m doing it. (I do.) I wonder if all women who write with a confessional tone have had this experience. Or maybe, it’s cos, as the title says, my blogs are a bit shit. So the next step is to step outside Miriam a little further, and write on a theme, better, with an editor, to try and net out the pondweed. You’ll never guess what that theme is (you can.)

I feel it’s relevant to tell you why I’m ready to shift-up a gear. Today marks the end of a huge campaign my PR company was running for an arena show, 30,000 tickets to sell over three nights. It was a huge change for me in terms of numbers, but in terms of PR just a few different tricks and maneuvers; and it feels significant.  At the same time I have been hired by a client to do far too much work for a borderline insulting fee. And it’s been really difficult to manage. I should have said no – I know I should have. I know NOW. But it’s made me realise how much the onus is on me to make decisions that suit my worth – and my work’s worth. Alongside this I’ve been reading (obsessively) the opinions and work of Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie who has stepped out with extraordinary wit and intelligence to make a difference to how women see and place themselves. I feel inspired to take a deep breath, pool my powers and head on up to the next level. DING DING.

I have really enjoyed expunging the odd thing on this platform. A few blogs have had lovely warm reactions, which has been amazing – and I feel no disappointment about the ones that haven’t. You only learn by putting yourself out there. I like long explanations of little things, and I know this can be a problem when one is reading stream-of-consciousness. Don't expect a huge shift SOZ – just more chatter, moments from my wee life and maybe a little more background on how we got here. So for now I’ll say thank you so much for reading. I hope to see you on the flip side. 

No comments:

Post a Comment